Friday, March 11, 2016

9. The Format Has Changed For The Better

February 2015 :P wow it took me forever to write this one!

I dedicated this one to my most beloved

Ah me.

Alright, so what is the first thing you noticed was different in this comic? I hope it was the Format, because that's what has changed. When I say format, I am talking about the Panel Layout. Now I did start using this layout in the Magic Halberd book first, but I didn't write the whole thing in that format. My Panels used to be all bunched-up together and now they are separated, this helps with quite a few different things.
1. Your scanner has a higher chance of not cutting things out of the picture.
2. People can see what part of each picture goes in each picture.
3. You are using less of the page, making longer comics waaaaaaay easier to write.
4. It's easier to read and understand what's going on.
5. You don't accidentally draw though Panels. 

Now let's take a look at the book!

Yeah... Slash is now even more OP than before...

(These enemies explode when they are killed)


Everything just looks better when you do it that way. If you want to get better at drawing comics start using a format like this (unless you REALLY want to do something different), and then make it better later.

This book is my sequel to "The Shadow Planet" (I still don't know if I'm going to make this a Trilogy or just keep it at two).
This book, like the other one is 180 pages long, it takes a LONG TIME to write a book that long! I also wrote this book when I was fourteen years old. Ah, but anyone can draw a stick-figure right?

This book covers a lot more of Slash's backstory, and it introduces his long lost girl-friend who he had forgotten about, at the end of the book he sets off on a quest through the stars to find her. This whole book is filled with little hints of it being connected to all of my other books. This is about the time when all the books start to fit together.






No comments:

Post a Comment