Thursday, March 3, 2016

7. Action Looks Awesome/What The Cow?

I love this book so much that I just had to write at least two posts on it.

As much as I like reading the Sunday Newspaper, with it's political comics and it's "funnies," there is still nothing better to me than a comic that has a sweet amount of action in it. If there is one of those fight scenes that just makes you scream "YES! YESSSSS!" that's how I like it.

I worked on "The Shadow Planet" for a really really REALLY long time, and my main goal was to put lots into the story and action, I probably thought about this book 10 times as long as I wrote in it, and I really like how it turned out (except chapter 2, which feels really pointless). One of the things that I loved most about this book, was all the action. It's pretty much huge action scenes with small talking scenes and then back to action, like a musical where you replace the music with action.

One of my favorite action scenes was where Slash fights a giant Spider.
Like I said before, I worked on this comic for a long time, probably like eight months. My artwork has definitely improved if you saw the previous chapters. The people are still stick-figures which isn't going to change any time soon, but look at how I am doing on backgrounds and details!

Now I'll introduce the Bad-guy. He just takes action with him wherever he goes. His name is General Fang, he is the man behind the Gob Army.

This part is showing what happens after Slash accidentally is forced to kidnap Fang's daughter.
If you noticed, Fang said "what the cow." That comes from my own life back when I was 11 I said "What the--" without saying anything after it, one time my Dad heard me say this incomplete sentence and he said "Don't say stuff like that, because it sounds like you are going to swear." So from then on I said "Cow" instead of nothing. It just sounds so much better that way (and it makes just as much sense as swearing), so I have my characters say it too.

As you can see, the art in this book has improved drastically from viewing the last post. 

What has improved? I believe making the action scenes even longer helps. Try drawing a fight between two people that lasts more than two pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment