Monday, February 29, 2016

6. A Planet's Perspective

2014's artwork yeah! This is still by far, my favorite story (not book) that I've written. It's called The Shadow Planet. It's a story about the inhabitants who live inside a Black-Hole/Gas Planet on the core. There are nine different races that are always at war because they think the other eight tribes took their light (the stars) five hundred years ago.
The story mostly focuses on Captain Slash, the best swordsman on the Planet/galaxy. He has made enemies with the Gobs, a race that consists of Goblins, Orcs, and Gremlins. His goal is to steal their technology so that he can win the war, but he has a secret that nobody on the planet knows except him.

This comic is more story driven than action, but I feel like they balance each other out way more than in Everlasting.
This scene shows Slash's first encounter with the Gob's technology.
this comic is the first comic I started doing backgrounds on, although the background is mostly just sand dunes all the time.
Those were some nice perspective shots for the city.

This comic had some pretty awesome action.
Here is a really cool chapter heading I did. In this book most of them (the chapter headings) are related to what's going on in the universe outside of the world where the main story takes place.

I think the best things I did in this book were with my 3D perspective shots. Even though I definitely improvised with 3D perspective because I had no idea how to do it, it still looks way better than without using it. I got the idea to use better perspective shots when I saw one of my friend's comics. He pretty much just used those and it made his comics look way better, even though they were just stick-men. So I would say to practice with that a little bit, because it really makes a huge difference.

Always remember, if Stick-men don't have to be confined on a flat world, then neither does your art.






No comments:

Post a Comment