Tuesday, February 23, 2016

4. A Wacky Experiment

One day at my Grandpa's house, I read one of those Choose Your Own Adventure novels. I loved it so much that I decided to write my own about different ways that the world could end. So far I have written three. This is my Apocolypse book series.
I have:
1. Zombie Apocolypse
2. Dragon Apocolypse
3. Nuclear Warfare Apocolypse.

So I am not going to post the Zombie Apocalypse photos, but I will show you how the Dragon one looks.

There is the beautiful Title Page I drew for it. 

Now I bet you're thinking, HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK!?
So yeah, like it says at the end of these two pages, you pick one of the helmets for your character to be wearing for the rest of the book, and then you go to the page number of the one you picked. After you go to that page, you'll have another little bit of story, and then another choice at the end. Most of these choices lead in death and so forth.

But how did I get this to work? I made a tree chart with different choices on it, then after I had drawn the page for that choice/consequence I would check it off of the chart and move on to the next one. These books don't take that long to make, and are very fun to show to people.

It's a very fun exercize for story writing, I would recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment