Friday, February 19, 2016

1. And So It Began.

I have no idea why I started writing graphic novels, it was probably because I loved making new things. I have been Home schooled most of my life, so I really had to find what I liked to do, and then do it. I invented games, stories, pictures, creatures and pretty much anything else out there. Using my imagination, I created my own worlds.

Before, when I  had created a world, it never lasted and sometimes I would forget all about it. However, with a book, you can introduce your world to other people and you can also go back to your world as many times as you want. So, there is a reason to write a book.

The first book I started writing that I actually finished was Blade. I did not finish this book first, but I did start it first. Here is what Blade (the character) looks like:
He is a character I made up when I was Six years old on a school playground. My friends and I would play a game called "Superheroes" where we would have two teams, Super Heroes and Villains and then we would pretend to use powers and stuff (ahhh, Good old memories). My best friend and I would always be on the Villain team, I never wanted to use a Villain already made up by a comic book company, so I just pretended that my arms were swords and called myself "Blade."

There are probably half-a-million other comic book characters named Blade, but I don't really care. Anyway, I liked the idea of a super-villain who has Swords for arms, so I used him as the main Antagonist for my own comic. This is how it turned out:

 That is the cover, he started out with having his mouth stitched shut instead of having little slits for a mouth. It is drawn in pencil, so if you can't see what is going on, we have Blade cornered at the edge of a cliff, with agents all around him in helicopters and tanks.

The Book starts out with Blade's horrible escape from an asylum somewhere in America.
So yeah, that is how my earliest graphic novel art was (I think I was 11 years old when I drew that), pretty much stick-figures with different faces. I bet that almost anyone who draws, can draw that page right? So my art style was really, really lacking when I started writing comics, this book and one other show my art style progression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment